After our last Maoist checkpoint, we came up with a top-10 list of things to say at a Maoist checkpoint. In no particular order:
1. I used my receipt as TP at high camp.
2. All the Annapurna Conservation Area Program literature says not to give to beggars.
3. My boss already passed.
4. I was born in the USSR.
5. We’re Polish. We were Communist too- can we get a discount?
6. I would like to pay you…I really would, but I can’t afford it.
7. F*#@ YOU!
8. [give them some food instead…dogs]
9. We’re American. We already pay taxes to support two wars.
10. no English…no English…